Update to the Wildfire Data LayersJune 23, 2020
We are updating the data layers in the DisasterAWARE Enterprise applications to ensure users and disaster decision makers have access to the industry standard sources for fire incidents and fire perimeters.
- Wildfire Perimeters (USA)
- Wildfires (USA)
- Data source for both: (GeoMac) – The GeoMAC application is no longer available. The information provided by GeoMAC will be managed by the fire community.
- Current Wildfire Perimeters (USA)
- Wildfire perimeters are sourced from National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC).
- Perimeters are the line surrounding land that has been impacted by a wildfire.
- Current Wildfire Incidents (USA)
- Wildfire points are sourced from Integrated Reporting of Wildland-Fire Information (IRWIN)
- Points mark a location within the wildfire area and provide current information about that wildfire.
This layer provides a near real-time view of the data being shared through the Integrated Reporting of Wildland-Fire Information (IRWIN) service. The display of the points are based on the NWCG Fire Size Classification applied to the daily acres attribute.
This layer displays fire perimeters posted to the National Incident Feature Service. It is updated from operational data and may not reflect current conditions on the ground. For a better understanding, see the National Wildfire Coordinating Group Standards for Geospatial Operations.
Area Covered: United States
Update Frequency: Every 15 minutes